Welcome to the best dream interpretation site on the web.
Dreaming is the human connection to the universe. Whilst a dream's content may be in response to external factors, it's influenced by none, and therefore is THE true reality.
"The dream shows the inner truth and reality of the patient as it really is: not as I conjecture it to be, and not as he would like it to be, but as it is."
~ Carl Jung
Nobody knows for certain why we dream. The Greek philosopher Aristotle believed that dreams were fragments of recollections of the events of the day. Sigmund Freud said that the purpose of dreams was to maintain sleep and many modern theorists state that dreams occur in order to prevent our emotions from 'overheating'.
Our belief is that dreams open our mind's eye. Their purpose is to provide the opportunity to acquire wisdom. Thus, the first and most integral component to interpreting a dream is an open mind. If one is not receptive to the undertaking that these symbolic messages are potential gateways to greater understanding, then they remain pearls imprisoned in shells.
"Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together."
~ Anais Nin
The subconscious gifts all humans with symbolic depictions of truth, however only those who seek to decipher the message prosper. Only those who seek to understand will gain.
We hope you enjoy your search for answers in these pages.
- Personal meditations and insights obtained.
- What does my Dream Mean?
- Bring clarity and insight to the question: 'What does my dream mean?'
- Free Dream Interpretation
- Wondering what your dreams mean? Submit your dreams on our free dream interpretation page for analysis.
- Dream Analyzer: An Online Dream Interpretation Service
- Welcome to Dream Analyzer. Our online dream analysis service allows you to email your dream to us and have it interpreted.
- Dreams Dictionary: Best Dream Interpretation Dictionary
- The dreams dictionary is the lazy person’s dream analysis. Welcome to our dream dictionary a z.
- What Dreams Mean: Stories from the Couch
- Ever asked yourself, 'what does my dream mean?' Read the analysis of our clients' dreams to discover what dreams mean.
- Dream Interpretation Blog
- Our dream interpretation site with its dreams dictionary is the best on the web.
- About John Glanville
- Meet John Glanville, founder of Dreaminterpretation-Dictionary.com
- The Stages of Sleep: Sleep and Dreams
- Read about the stages of sleep, sleep research and sleep and dreams.
- What are Dreams? From Dream Symbols to Metaphors
- Discover what are dreams and read about dream symbol interpretation.
- Dream Facts: Interesting Facts about Dreams and Sleep
- Most interesting dream facts and information about sleep.
- History of Dream Interpretation
- When people think about the history of dream interpretation their thoughts primarily turn toward either Sigmund Freud or Carl Jung.
- Types of Dreams: 10 Dream Categories
- Some experts believe there are 10 types of dreams. Read more on each of these dream categories.
- Dream Disorders: From Night Terrors to Sleep Walking
- In times of old, a great many dream disorders were thought to be of demonic forces.
- Famous Dreams: The Interesting, the Amazing and the Bizarre
- Famous dreams of people who have their place in history.
- Religious Dreams: Biblical Dream Interpretation and Bible Dreams
- Religous dreams is founded on certain symbols of faith and worship.
- Best Dream Quotes
- Excellent dream quotes by some of the greatest thinkers of our time.
- Books on Dream Interpretation: What Books reveal about your Dreams
- Best books on dream interpretations and the power of our dreams.
- Freud Dream Interpretation: Sigmund Freud on Dreams
- Welcome to our Sigmund Freud Dream Interpretation page.
- Carl Jung Dream Interpretation
- My University days failed to enlighten me to Jung’s magnificent mind. Jung dream interpretation is based on the collective unconscious.
- Most Common Dreams
- The most common dreams include embarrassing dreams of being naked, the death of a loved one, flying, falling and writing exams.
- Dream Themes: Flying and Other Common Dream Themes
- Common dream themes are those situations and objects that occur in many people's dreams, for example flying or falling.
- Dream Symbols: A Dream Interpretation Journey
- Use dream symbols on your dream interpretation journey to gain insight into your dreams.
- Dream Meanings: A Dream Guide to Decode the Meaning of Dreams
- Dreams take over our minds while we are sleeping. Dream meanings offer a wealth of information but the fascinating and surreal world of the subconscious.
- Dream Aids: Moonstone, Pearls, Crystals, Dream Pillows, Food and Drink
- Explore a variety of dream aids, from potions to totems and nature's natural rhythms and cycles to facilitate dreaming.
- Dream Journals: Keeping a Personal Dream Journal
- Dream journals are a wonderful tool in helping you to interpret your dreams through-out your whole dream life.
- Dream Incubation: How to Consciously Direct your Dreams
- Dream incubation is the ability to direct your dreams by consciously intending to do so.
- Lucid Dreams: Awareness in Dreaming
- Wondering how to have lucid dreams? Learn how to become aware of dreaming and then gain a sense of lucid control.
- Nightmares in Adults: Banishing Distressing Dreams and How to Stop Nightmares
- Wondering how to stop nightmares? All about nightmares in adults.