Dream incubation is the ability to direct your dreams by consciously intending to do so.
The Hidden Power of Dreams
Incubating your dreams can help you to resolve problems during sleep simply by making the conscious choice to do so. I'm sure you've heard the expression sleep on it in connection with problem solving.
© Mega11 | Dreamstime.com
This is exactly what you do when incubating your dreams ~ you sleep on a problem that you're having in the belief that your dreams will give you guidance. For example, if you have a problem with your health, you might suggest while drifting into sleep:
'Dreams, give me the information I need that will help me resolve the difficulty I'm having with my health,' or 'Dreams, why am I having a hard time to heal my body?' or 'Dreams, I haven't been feeling well lately. Is there any guidance you can give me that will help me feel better?'
Your suggestion allows you to get in touch with hidden parts of yourself and tap into wisdom far greater than anything that you're consciously aware of.
Uses of Dream Incubation
Through incubating dreams, we can receive information that will assist us when we're awake. Yet it's up to the dreamer to translate dream images and symbols into a story that makes sense.
Apart from problem solving, incubating dreams also has the following uses:
* Incubate dreams simply for the enjoyment of it. If there's an area of your life you would like to explore, incubation can be valuable. For example, if you love traveling, you may want to explore the possibility of astral travel through incubating your dreams.
* Incubate dreams to test future probabilities. By imagining possible conclusions, you can imagine future actions as well as explore a variety of outcomes. This enables you to experience an outcome without actually taking an idea to its completion in your waking life.
* Incubate dreams to assist you in releasing relationship difficulties. Ask for guidance that would help you understand what the deeper issues and needs in your relationships are.
* Incubation of dreams is a wonderful tool to assist in writer's block or any situation where you feel stuck. Ask for clear guidance and keep your journal ready to record your dreams as soon as you wake up!
Check out our
dream incubation guidelines
for a step-by-step process to incubate your dreams.
* The Benefits of Dream Journals
(From Dream Incubation back to Dream Interpretation Dictionary Home Page)
Read, reflect and be inspired. If you find something of value on our Dream Incubation page, enjoy its gifts and please pass it on to your friends.