Best Dream Quotes
We sincerely hope you enjoy our dream quotes section, with sayings by some of the greatest thinkers in history.
If you have any favorite dream quotes that you wish to share, please submit them in the form below.
Top Quotes on Dreams
- All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams. ~ Elias Canetti
- Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. ~ Marsha Norman
- A dream has power to poison sleep. ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley, "Mutability"
- Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. ~ William Dement
- I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake. ~ Rene Descartes, "Meditations on First Philosophy"
- Dreams are excursions into the limbo of things, a semi-deliverance from the human prison. ~ Henri Amiel
- There's a long, long trail a-winding into the land of my dreams. ~ Stoddard King, Jr.
- Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream, the butcher's the poet's equal there. ~ E.M. Cioran, The Tempation to Exist
- Dreams digest the meals that are our days. ~ Astrid Alauda, Dyspeptic Enlightenment
- Pay attention to your dreams - God's angels often speak directly to our hearts when we are asleep. ~ Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman, 1994
- One can write, think and pray exclusively of others; dreams are all egocentric. ~ Evelyn Waugh
- That which the dream shows is the shadow of such wisdom as exists in man, even if during his waking state he may know nothing about it.... We do not know it because we are fooling away our time with outward and perishing things, and are asleep in regard to that which is real within ourself. ~ Paracelsus, quoted in The Dream Game
- Recall the old story of the rather refined young man who preferred sex dreams to visiting brothels because he met a much nicer type of girl that way. ~ Vivian Mercer
- I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night. ~ Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes
- A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul. ~ Erich Fromm
- Dreams are free therapy. Consult your inner Freud. ~Grey Livingston
- Dreams are free therapy, but you can only get appointments at night. ~ Grey Livingston
- Some colors exist in dreams that are not present in the waking spectrum. ~ Terri Guillemets
- Dreams are only thoughts you didn't have time to think about during the day. ~ Author Unknown
- Dreams are nature's answering service - don't forget to pick up your messages once in a while. ~ Sarah Crestinn
- Codi: "So you think we all just have animal dreams. We can't think of anything to dream except our ordinary lives."
Loyd: "Only if you have an ordinary life. If you want sweet dreams, you've got to live a sweet life."
~ Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams
- Dreams are road signs along the nighttime highway of sleep. ~Astrid Alauda, Dyspeptic Enlightenment
- We are not only less reasonable and less decent in our dreams... we are also more inteligent, wiser and capable of better judgment when we are asleep than when we are awake. ~ Erich Fromm
- For a dreamer, night's the only time of day. ~ From the movie Newsies
- ‘Oh, I’ve had such a curious dream! said Alice. ~ Lewis Carroll
- Dreams may contain ineluctable truths, philosophical pronouncements, illusions, wild fantasies, memories, plans, anticipations, irrational experiences, even telepathic vision, and heaven knows what besides. ~ Carl Jung
- We are somewhat more than ourselves in our sleep, and the slumber of the body seems to be but the waking of the soul. It is the ligation of the sense, but the liberty of the reason, and our waking conceptions do not match the fancies of our sleeps. ~ Sir Thomas Browne
- It is characteristic that dreams never express themselves in a logical, abstract way but always in the language of parable or simile. ~ Carl Jung
- Dreams are the bright creatures of poem and legend, who sport on the earth in the night season, and melt away with the first beam of the sun which lights grim care and stern reality on their daily pilgrimage through the world. ~ Charles Dickens
- I should have lost many a good hit had I not set down at once things that occurred to me in my dreams. ~ Sir Walter Scott
- In dreams we are true poets; we create the persons of the drama, we give them appropriate figures, faces, costumes,; they are perfect in their organs, attitudes, manners; moreover they speak after their own characters, not ours; and we listen with surprise to what they say. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We often forget our dreams so speedily: if we cannot catch them as they are passing out the door, we never set eyes on them again. ~ William Hazlitt
- In dreams we see ourselves naked and acting out real characters, even more clearly than we see others awake. ~ Henry David Thoreau
- As dreams are the fancies of those that sleep, so fancies are but the dreams of those awake. ~ Sir Thomas Pope Blount
- I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man. ~ Chuang Tzu
- Come to me in the silence of the night; Come in the speaking silence of a dream… ~ Christina Rosetti
- To all, to each, a fair goodnight, and pleasing dreams, and slumbers light! ~ Sir Walter Scott
Dream Quotes on Dream Interpretation
- A dream which is not interpreted is like a letter which is not read. ~ The Talmud
- Dreams say what they mean, but they don't say it in daytime language. ~ Gail Godwin
- …I know that if we meditate on a dream sufficiently long and thoroughly, if we carry it around with us and turn it over and over, something almost always comes of it. ~ Carl Jung
- The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind. ~ Sigmund Freud
- Nature is often obscure or impenetrable, but she is not, like man, deceitful. We must therefore take it that the dream is just what it pretends to be, neither more nor less. ~ Carl Jung
- Dreams are faithful interpreters of our inclinations: but there is an art required to sort and understand them. ~ Michel Eyquem Montaigne
- The interpretation of dreams enriches consciousness to such an extent that it relearns the forgotten language of the instincts. ~ Carl Jung
- The symbol in the dream has more the value of a parable. It does not conceal, it teaches. ~ Carl Jung
- The dream-work… does not think, calculate, or judge in any way at all: it restricts itself to giving things a new form. ~ Sigmund Freud
- The art of interpreting dreams cannot be learnt from books. Methods and rules are good only when we can get along without them. ~ Carl Jung
* Sigmund Freud Quotes
* Carl Jung Quotes
Have a Favorite Dream Quote?
If you have a favorite dream quote, please share it.
Contributions from other Visitors
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
(From Dream Quotes back to Dream Interpretation Dictionary Home Page)
Read, reflect and be inspired. If you find something of value on our Dream Quotes page, enjoy its gifts and please pass it on to your friends.