Below are links to famous dreams of people who have their place in history for various reasons. If you know of any others that you think would be suitable to this section, please feel free to send them to us.
'Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, something is out of tune.'
~ Carl Jung
Famous Dreams throughout History
* Oliver Cromwell – Founder of the English Parliament
The dream that foretold who would be the greatest man in England.
* Paul McCartney – Singer/Songwriter for “The Beatles”
A simple dream that inspired the most covered song of all time.
* Charles Dickens – Author
'Have I met you before?'
* Mary Shelley – Author
How Frankenstein was really brought to life.
* Edwin Moses – Olympic Gold Medallist
The athlete who literally dreamt of success.
* Walter Craig – Australian Racehorse Owner
The dream that predicted the winner of the Melbourne Cup - with a twist.
* Otto Loewi – German Physiologist
The dream that led to a Nobel prize.
* Abraham Lincoln – President of the USA
The dream that predicted his own assassination.
* Friedrich August Kekulé von Stradonitz – German Chemist
Two separate dreams leading to two separate scientific discoveries.
* Madame C. J. Walker – 1st Female Self-Made Millionaire in the USA
How a scalp problem and a dream led to millions.
* Mike Reno – Singer/Songwriter for “Loverboy”
How “All I Ever Needed” came in a dream.
* Elias Howe – Inventor
How a dream sewed a project together.
* Albert Einstein – Scientist
A scientific theory born from an unscientific method.
* Robert Louis Stevenson – Author
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – The Conscious and the Unconscious?
* Jack Nicklaus – Golfer
How the subconscious tutored a golf legend.
* Mark Twain - Author
The dream that foretold his brother's death.
* Al Hoots – American Racehorse Owner
The dream Al Hoots had on his deathbed.
* Nicholas Flamel – French Alchemist
Read about Nicholas Flamel's visit by an angel.
* Dante Alighieri – Italian Poet of the Middle Ages
Read how a missing piece of the 'Divine Comedy' was found.
* Guiseppe Tartini – Italian Violinist & Composer
Read how a dream inspired his best work, 'The Devil's Trill'.
* Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev – Russian Chemist & Inventor
How a dream about music gave birth to the 'Periodic Table of Elements.'
* Wilhelm Richard Wagner – German Composer
Read how 'Tristan' came to Wagner in a dream.
* Hannibal – Ancient Military Commander & Tactician
Read how Hannibal dreamt of war, tactics and strategy.
* Augustus – Roman Emperor
Read how a dream saved Roman Emperor Augustus' life.
* Flavius Marcianus – Roman Emperor
A dream about an enemy's death.
* Niels Bohr - Danish Scientist
A dream about the configuaration of atoms.
Carl Jung - Psychologist and Philosopher
Carl Jung's dream of a 'Monstrous Flood'.
Caligula - Roman Emperor
Caligula's premonition of his own death.
More Famous Dreams
* Adolf Hitler – German Dictator
* Srinivasa Ramanujan – Mathematician
* Steven King – Author
* Louis Agassiz – Naturalist, Zoologist, & Geologist
* Sitting Bull – Native American Indian Chief
* Samuel Taylor Coleridge – Poet/Author
* Edgar Allen Poe – Author
* Dr. Frederick Banting – Scientist
* Carl Perkins – Song Writer
* David Parkinson – Engineer
* History of Dream Interpretation
Do you know of any other Famous Dreams?
If you do, please share!
(From Famous Dreams back to Dream Interpretation Dictionary Home Page)
Read, reflect and be inspired. If you find something of value on our famous dreams page, enjoy its gifts and please pass it on to your friends.